Tenant moves must be closely monitored to insure minimal disruption to other building tenants and the loading dock operation. Therefore, the following procedures have been formulated to best accommodate all persons concerned. Please review these procedures and direct any questions you may have to the building management office.
The procedures for tenant moves are as follows:
- Moving dates and times must be approved in writing at least two weeks prior to the move date(s). Moves during normal business hours must not inconvenience any other tenants in the building. As a result, moves outside of normal business hours are usually preferred. The tenant is responsible for the costs of extra staffing (engineering, security, etc.) required to accommodate your move.
- At least two weeks prior to the move, tenants must schedule the use of the elevator and loading dock area for location of the moving van while on the premises. On or before the date of the move, a representative from your firm and your moving vendor will be required to go over the moving procedures with a representative from the building management office.
- No moving carts will be allowed unless they have non-marking rubber wheels.
- All public areas, floors, walls, and door bucks must be protected. Stone floors and carpets must be protected by ½” plywood or Masonite. Walls should be protected as required along the path of the move. Door bucks should be protected by pasteboard or cardboard at least four feet from the floor, including elevator bucks. Any elevator used for moving should be protected with padding on the walls.
- The movers must not obstruct sidewalks, halls, passages, elevators, fire exits and stairwells.
- It will be the responsibility of the tenant to provide a certificate of insurance naming Mt. Washington North Business Trust and Transwestern Carey Winston, LLC as additional insureds. The certificate must be received on or before the moving date has been established. Insurance limits must conform to the Transwestern risk management procedures for moving vendors.
- The moving company must provide onsite supervision to insure compliance with regulations and proper conduct by the moving company employees.
- Moving trucks/van must share the loading dock with other delivery trucks. Moving trucks may not park on or block service road. No trucks are allowed to enter or leave the campus between the hours of 5 PM and 7 AM. However, trucks may be parked and loaded overnight as long as they are removed after 7 AM and before 5 PM.
Everyone associated with the building management will do their part to ensure the move is conducted in as efficient a manner as possible. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and compliance with the above.
Common Area and Tenant Space:
- All deliveries larger than a hand truck must be delivered to the Loading Dock.
- If a vendor attempts to make a large delivery at the Davis or McAuley Lobby, Security will inform the vendor that they must go to the Loading Dock and unload the delivery.
- All public areas, floors, walls, and door bucks must be protected. Stone floors and carpets must be protected by ½” plywood or Masonite. Walls should be protected as required along the path of the move. Door bucks should be protected by pasteboard or cardboard at least four feet from the floor, including elevator bucks. Any elevator used for moving should be protected with padding on the walls
Loading Dock Rules:
- Please be advised that there is not an assigned McAuley Loading Dock Attendant
- Each tenant is responsible for sending a representative to the loading dock to escort your vendor to your space or to take delivery from the vendor on the loading dock.
- All McAuley Loading Dock Bays are first come, first serve
- Do not store any materials in the center of the loading dock.
- Construction deliveries – please contact the General Contractor.
- You must remove all trash and pallets from the site before you leave.
- Once deliveries are completed, delivery trucks must relocate immediately if parked in the loading dock bays.
- Transwestern should be contacted if a delivery vehicle is left unattended.
- Broadway Services (Janitorial or Security) is not obligated to receive any packages for tenants.